The digital landscape is fast-paced and ever-changing, but it's an equally inspiring and exciting environment to work in. This course is a must for anyone who works in marketing, communication, public relations, social media and advertising.
With this theoretical/practical course, you will experience the role of communications manager for an organization, making critical decisions related to its online reputation.
You will learn:
- how to develop a stable and sustainable online reputation;
- the construction of participatory culture;
- how to handle problems on social media, based on real examples;
- how to manage a crisis by responding appropriately across multiple channels.
You'll learn from real-life case studies and gain an understanding of the essential role Blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, LinkedIn and other social platforms play in the business world.
You will learn how:
- manage an organization's online reputation;
- manage problems and crises online;
- build a robust participatory culture to engage your audience.
Corporate reputation in the digital age
- What is a corporate reputation, and why is it important?
- How the digital age has affected reputation management.
- Types of reputational risk that exist online and the difference between a problem and a crisis.
Reputation and participatory culture
- Participatory culture and why it is crucial.
- How the audience becomes co-creator of the story and the brand.
- Build a robust participatory culture.
How online has changed the media cycle
- Traditional media cycle.
- The new "media".
- online and offline reputation.
Online reputation management
- Building a reputation: conversation and coverage.
- Protect a reputation in times of adversity.
- Monitor reputation and act on problems.
- Manage negativity/criticism online.
- Respond to an online crisis.
- Debrief after an emergency and evaluate your response.
Managing the reputation of best practices
- Ethics and corporate reputation.
- Authenticity "beyond the corporate voice".
- Best practices in creating an online brand.