Authentic leadership tends to value the personal characteristics of each one in a genuine and authentic way. Instead of trying to teach stereotypical attitudes and strategies to earn the goodwill of your followers, authentic leadership teaches you to be yourself.
With this course, you will get:
- a clear understanding of the various approaches and theories of leadership;
- an in-depth self-assessment of your values, strengths and behaviours connected to effective, authentic leadership and a development plan to brush up on your managerial attitude.
Talents and high potential wishing to embark on a path of organizational growth and innovative leadership styles.
What is leadership
The antecedent of Authentic Leadership
- Charismatic Leadership
- Transformational Leadership
- Positive Organization Behaviours (POB)
Developing Authentic Leadership
- Learning from your life story
- Knowing your authentic self (Authentic Leadership self-assessment)
- Practising your values and principles (Using the Value in Action test to discover your strengths)
- Balancing your extrinsic and intrinsic motivations
- Building your support team
- Integrating your life by staying grounded
- Empowering people to lead
Authentic leaders are "individuals who are deeply aware of how they think and behave and are perceived by others as being aware of their own and others' values/moral perspective, knowledge, and strengths; aware of the context in which they operate; and who are confident, hopeful, optimistic, resilient, and high on the moral character" (Avolio, 2010).