The Virtual Assistant used to be a niche and relatively unknown profession before Covid 19. Now, most, if not all Executive Assistants and Personal Assistants have been required to adapt to performing their work virtually. This course is available either in inter-company mode, intra-company mode or 1:1 coaching. This course is available in English.
There are 2 types of Virtual Assistant, one working in a corporate setting as a salaried employee. The other is generally self-employed working for one or more businesses.
This course is for the Corporate Virtual Assistant (CVA) and VA (Virtual Assistant). CVAs are Executive Assistants and Personal Assistants who previously worked in an office setting and who are adapting to the current pandemic by assisting their managers/directors/teams virtually. VA are individuals with no previous experience of being a Corporate VA and who wish to start their career in this field.
By the end of the course you will have learned:
- How to perform the tasks of a typical Corporate VA/what tasks a typical Corporate VA performs.
- Effective time management whilst working remotely and the best communication strategies to become a successful CVA. Be an effective contributor whilst maintaining a good work-life balance and mental health.
- Certification of CVA (Corporate Virtual Assistant) form HURACT Business School SWITZERLAND will be issued for participants.
- I addition, participants can upgrade their CV in the Education section of LinkedIn as HURACT is registered as a SWISS Business School on LinkedIn.
This syllabus is a general guideline for the inter-company training. In the intra-company model the program will depend on the company but will typically include:
Business Support / Administration
- Diary management
- Meeting organisation
- Circulating agendas, minute taking, minute preparation
- File storage/organisation
- Assisting on projects
- Event organisation
- Travel and hotel arrangements
- Marketing assistance
- Report writing
- Annual services and supplier renewals
- Translation services (particularly in Switzerland)
Document Creation, Formatting / Editing
- PowerPoint / Keynote presentations
- Excel spreadsheets
- Word / Pages documents
- Copy typing
- Data entry
Dealing with daily tasks
- Effective time management in remote working
- Dealing with distractions
- Communicating effectively with your manager/director team whilst working remotely in order to achieve team cohesion and fit into the company culture
- How to achieve a good work-life balance
- Keeping yourself motivated and maintaining good emotional and mental health