This specialisation course will help you understand how a company's culture influences the expected leadership behaviours in that culture. We will simulate how to identify the leadership skills required to lead a team in 4 different countries so that you can tailor this approach to your needs.
With this course, you will get:
- a clear understanding of the various approaches and theories of leadership;
- a toolbox of the most appropriate practices to apply in cross-cultural situations to maximise your leadership.
Talents and high potential wishing to learn methods to prepare for international contexts. Managers within a process of change must develop innovative and intercultural approaches.
What is leadership
- Charismatic Leadership
- Transformational Leadership
- Positive Organization Behaviours (POB)
Building leadership in a cross-cultural context, the GLOBE Project
- Impact of globalisation
- Regional clustering of globe nations: the global cross-cultural framework
- The 10 cultural clusters of the 170 countries worldwide
- The 9 cultural dimensions
- The 21 / 6 cultural - implicit leadership dimensions
Do the required leadership qualities differ among nations? Managing and leading in different nations by adapting your approach to other leadership styles.
- Charismatic/Value-Based Leadership
- Team-Oriented Leadership
- Participative Leadership
- Humane-Oriented Leadership
- Autonomous Leadership
- Self-Protective Leadership
Cross-cultural leadership is not only about differences: the pillar of authenticity
Simulation: setting up and leading a cross-cultural team in 4 countries: understanding cultural differences and adapting your leadership approach accordingly.
Embarking on a cross-cultural leadership journey
- Global Mindset.
- Tolerate ambiguity.
- Cultural adaptability and flexibility.